Workout of the Day
“Tabata Something Else”
Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.
Post total reps from all 32 intervals to comments.
2016 Holiday Schedule & Events
(this entire post can also be found on our Events page)
CrossFit Beat is excited to announce that our annual holiday party will be Friday, December 16 (more on this below). Here are the upcoming events and schedule changes:
- Holiday Party – Friday, December 16
- 12 Days of CrossFit WOD – Saturday, December 17
- Christmas Schedule – will be closed Monday, December 26
- New Year’s Schedule – no changes, open with regularly scheduled classes
2016 Holiday Party
CrossFit Beat’s holiday party will be Friday, December 16. This is a family-friendly event, so bring your significant others and kids. We’ll provide a main course of meat (brisket, BBQ), and a few drinks. We’re going to run this as a potluck, so please bring a side or drink to share with the group. All food groups are welcome.
If you joined us last year, you’ll remember we had a fun “secret” activity and scavenger hunt. Look for that to be recreated this year.
When: Friday, Dec 16, at 5:30pm
Where: the Beat Box
Who: all members, significant others, and children
- 6:00pm secret activity (great for adults and kids alike)
- Drinks and food immediately afterward
- Potluck: please bring a side or drink to share
- The evening classes (5:00p and 6:00p) will be cancelled on Dec 16
- Click to RSVP
Come hang out with your fellow Beatboxers and meet some new people. We can’t wait to see you all there!
12 Days of CrossFit Workout
It’s that time of year, so we thought we’d have some fun with a workout that plays out just like the song.
- On the first day of CrossFit, my coaches gave to me… a 100m row
- On the second day of CrossFit, my coaches gave to me… 2 rings dips, and a 100m row
- On the third day of CrossFit, my coaches gave to me… 3 pullups, 2 ring dips, and a 100m row.
This workout is long and involved. Your goal is to keep moving until you’re ready to stop. Many people won’t finish this workout at all, and that’s totally fine! Let’s have some fun with it.